Setting up Vanity/Dedicated Name Servers
A vanity nameserver is a name server that is branded to a website of your choice, instead of our public name servers.
This can make your site appear more professional, by masking the fact you're using your own name servers.
It simply hides any trace of the service provider that you use and we highly recommend this to all SEO hosting customers.
When you do a Whois lookup on your domain anyone can see the name servers that your domain name points to. For instance if your domain was example.com here is what you'd see:
Before vanity name servers:
After vanity name servers:
Using vanity name servers allows you to hide the fact that your website actually relies on a public name server.
To Create a vanity name server follow these instructions:
1. Login to your WHM account and then select "Edit Zone Templates" There you will have 3 options simple, standard and standardvirtualftp.
You have to click on each of the above items and change the content of Zone Template for all 3 of those with:
; cPanel %cpversion%
; Zone file for %domain%
@ %nsttl% IN SOA ns1.%domain%. hostmaster.%domain%. (
%serial% ; serial, todays date+todays
86400 ; refresh, seconds
7200 ; retry, seconds
3600000 ; expire, seconds
86400 ) ; minimum, seconds
%domain%. %nsttl% IN NS ns1.%domain%.
%domain%. %nsttl% IN NS ns2.%domain%.
ns1.%domain%. IN A 220.127.116.11
ns2.%domain%. IN A 18.104.22.168
%domain%. IN A %ip%
mail IN A %ftpip%
localhost.%domain%. IN A 127.0.0.1
%domain%. IN MX 0 mail.%domain%.
www IN CNAME %domain%.
ftp IN A %ftpip%
2. Now you need to go back to your domain name provider and create 2 records for your Name servers.
Different providers name these records differently. such as GoDaddy whom refers to them as host names. Other providers may refer to the process as "registering a nameserver" or "creating a host record".
You need to create 2 records:
ns1.yourdomain.com -> 22.214.171.124
ns2.yourdomain.com -> 126.96.36.199
*here yourdomain.com is your domain name.
3. Change the NS record for your domain to ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com
4. Create your new domain under your WHM account. WHM now creates a DNS Zone that looks and acts like very own dedicated name server.
5. Finally check your domain name at www.intodns.com
Finally if you need more help just open a ticket :)