I get "ERROR: Too many failed login attempts. Please try again" in wordpress login page.
First a little background on why you get this error:
This error comes from a wordpress limit_login plugin.
Due to load balancing and DDoS protection the majority of our IPs are behind loadbalancers, as a result limit login plugin always sees the IP of the load balancer as the IP of requester.
To fix this problem follow this steps:
1. Login to your WHM account
2. From the left menu click on "List Accounts"
3. From the list of the accounts on the right find the domain name that has this problem and click on the cpanel icon next to it. This action will log you into the cpanel account of that domain
4. In the cpanel click on "phpMyAdmin"
5. Inside phpmyadmin and on the left menu click on your wordpress database name
6. select "wp_options" table
7. on the right frame click on "show All". This option will list all the records in the "wp_options" table
8. find the row that says "limit_login_lockouts" and click on the delete icon to delete that row.
9. Now you should be able to login to wordpress, Login to word press
10. Go to the plugin list and select the limit login plugin
11. under the options for the plugin select "Behind proxy" and save it.
Let us know if you need any help.
Was this answer helpful?
A phpinfo page shows all the php setting and enabled module for your website/domain php and come...
Both PHP errors and database errors can manifest as a white screen, a blank screen with no...
DEBUGGING WORDPRESS WordPress includes several settings that you can use to help debug the main...
HTTP 500 Error usually means that you have either a problem in the .htaccess file or that a php...
If you get FTP connections errors similar to "Connection attempt failed with ECONNREFUSED -...