Year after year, we are told about the demise of email and email marketing. The dramatic nature of marketers can sometimes be overwhelming. As soon as they see a new marketing tactic (mobile marketing or social media marketing), they immediately claim that the former tactic in place has died. This is however preposterous, as email marketing is still as alive as it used to be.
It being alive nevertheless is still being seen as weak to compete with the new tactics in the market. But marketers are still experiencing huge ROI from effective email marketing campaigns.
Even with everything I have mentioned, the skeptical nature of man allows you to still doubt my words. So, I’m not going to try to change your mind by justifying email marketing. I am simply going to present facts to you, and leave you to make your conclusions.
Here are 7 statistics:
- According to Nielsen, the most popular activity performed by tablet users while watching television is checking email.
- By the end of 2011, the world had more than 3 billion active email accounts worldwide.
- According to 59% of B2B marketers, email remains the strongest channel for generating revenue.
- Software Advice also conducted a survey which found out that 40% of B2B marketers placed email marketing as one of best marketing techniques.
- For every dollar invested into email marketing, the Direct Marketing Association says that companies make an average of $40.
- Research has also shown that personalized emails get open rates of 500%!
- In conclusion, 50% of mobile workers (you might be in this category) check their emails first thing in the morning, or even why getting dressed.
With these survey results and facts, it is quite obvious that email marketing is still alive, and not dead according to popular conclusion. When harnessed properly, it can be used to engage your customers personally, generate leads and turn prospective customers into customers who wouldn’t leave.
So, what do you think? Is email marketing still worth the time and effort? Share your thoughts by commenting below.