No company would exist without customers, and that is a fact. That also means that there is no way to avoid interactions with customers. This is the very same reason why customer service is very important. It shouldn’t matter if it is direct contact or through phone, or even email. Customer service should be on the top of every company bosses’ minds. But have you ever wondered, “How could I make emails better for customer service?” The answer you are looking for is just below.
- Respond ASAP - Customers like being first, especially in this fast-paced age that we live in. Although its good to respond to emails within the day, a truly great response should be formulated as soon as you get the email, and sent a few minutes after that. Again, this would give the customers the feeling that they are important to you.
- Address them personally - Address your customers by name, even in emails. This gives them the sense of individuality, and makes them feel that they are personally recognized by the company. This personal touch is also a step to stop sounding so robotic in your emails.
- Leave no question unanswered - Cover all of the customers’ concern, and don’t leave out even one. Give them a clear answer for every question, and then double check your message if its understandable.
- Say thanks - On the last parts of your email, let them know that you appreciate them and their support. Try something in the lines of, “We hope we have successfully addressed your concern, but let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. Thank you!”
- Have concise answers - Your customers would appreciate time not wasted. Keep your answer brief and straight to the point as much as you can. It might be important that the answer you provide is clear, but you should keep it balanced with being direct to what they asked for.
What else are you looking for when it comes to customer service emails? Let us know in the comments section.